Specialised pre- and postnatal Pilates instructor, Diastasis Recti specialist, passionate about using movement to heal and helping mums feel great.
A Passion For Movement
I am a certified STOTT PILATES® instructor with a passion for movement and using movement to heal, feel good and thrive, both physically and mentally.
I am also a mum of two dedicated to helping other mums feel great.
I believe my mission as a Pilates coach is to empower you to regain control over your body. As a woman, and especially if you want children or already are a mother, you will gain so much – in wellbeing, in health – by understanding and looking after your body.
Let me guide you on this journey to a stronger, healthier you. Find out more about me and what I offer by scrolling down or visiting my classes pages.
I am certified by STOTT PILATES® to work with mums-to-be and new mums and by the Center for Women´s Fitness to treat Diastasis recti (abdominal separation).
My classes can be in English, French, or Portuguese (with a little bit of German if needed).
I am a member of the Deutscher Pilates Verband and of the Guild of Pre and Post Natal Exercise Instructors.
What makes me stand out
Pelvic Floor Health
I am certified by the Center for Women’s Fitness to design programmes that support the pelvic floor – Support your Floor: Pelvic Floor Health ™
Healing Diastasis Recti
I am certified by the Center for Women’s Fitness to help women recover from Diastasis Recti, with The Center Method for Diastasis Recti Recovery ™.
I am a STOTT PILATES® certified instructor in Mat Pilates, and trained in Reformer, Chair, Arc Barrel, Spine Corrector and Ladder Barrel.
Postnatal and Prenatal
I am a STOTT PILATES ® trained instructor in Postnatal Mat Pilates and Prenatal Mat and Reformer Pilates.
Dance and Movement
I have a Diploma in Performance Studies: Contemporary Dance from The Place Dance School London.
I have a M.Sc. in Science Communication from Bath University and a B.Sc. in Biology from University College London.
What you need to know
Is Pilates Right For You?
What is Pilates?
Pilates is a mindful movement method that helps to reconnect, realign and heal.
By practicing Pilates regularly with a certified instructor you will learn how to reconnect with your body: you will learn to feel all the muscles in your body and to use them appropriately to move healthily – even the tiniest, deepest ones (they are often the most important ones!)
Acquiring a healthy musculature will in turn allow your body to realign: strongly supported by healthy muscles, your bones and joints will be able to find their natural, optimal place in space and in relation to each other. Your posture will be improved, your limbs will feel less heavy, you will experience less pain.
Pilates heals because Pilates exercises can be designed and modified to suit every single body, to address any type of injury, to overcome every limitation, to relieve every type of pain, tightness, imbalance or discomfort.
The three pillars of Pilates are strengthening, stretching and breathing: all Pilates exercises work on these three aspects of movement, all at the same time.
Focusing on the breath and connecting breath to movement is deeply relaxing. This is the reason why Pilates is so relaxing, and sometimes healing, for the mind too.
As mentioned above, Pilates is a mindful movement method. It is as good for the brain, and mind, as it is for the body.
How can Pilates help during pregnancy?
- Pilates will alleviate pain and discomfort caused by pregnancy.
- You will learn how to move and exercise – what is safe, what feels good- during pregnancy.
- You will learn how to use movement and breath as natural pain-relief during pregnancy, labour and birth.
- Pilates will strengthen, tone, stretch, relax all the parts of your body that need it during pregnancy and beyond – your back, your hips, your pelvic floor…
How can Pilates help after birth?
- Pilates will alleviate pain and discomfort caused by the pregnancy and birth and caring for your baby.
- Pilates will slowly but surely strengthen your belly muscles, even if you have diastasis recti (abdominal separation).
- Pilates will help close a diastasis recti (abdominal separation).
- Pilates will restore your pelvic floor.
- Pilates will help you get fit and strong again, safely and in your own time.
What makes Pilates so great for mums?
- Pilates will alleviate the pain and discomfort you have been feeling since you started having kids (no matter how long ago that was).
- It is perfect as a gentle method to get back into exercising.
- With Pilates you will get fit and strong again, safely and in your own time.
- Pilates will help you have a flat tummy again.
- Together we can heal your diastasis recti (abdominal separation).
- Pilates will help you lose the baby weight.
- Pilates will fix lower back pain/shoulder girdle pain/ neck pain.
- Pilates will fix your pelvic floor if you have minor symptoms.
- Pilates is ideal to keep your pelvic floor healthy after rehab sessions with a physio.
- Pilates is great to work on your pelvic floor to keep it healthy as you enter menopause.
Why train with me?
- Because I am a woman and a mum and I understand your needs, limitations and challenges.
- Because I have myself experienced back pain, knee injuries, diastasis recti, cesarean section, natural birth at home, induced natural birth in hospital, loss, grief, pelvic pain, exhaustion…
- Because I am trained and certified in one of the best, safest, Pilates methods (STOTT Pilates).
- Because I have trained and have made it my specialty to work with women and focus on the female body and female specific issues and conditions.
- Because it is my passion to accompany women through their pregnancy and postnatal period.
- Because I have made it my mission to help women feel better through movement.
Can pilates be done on Zoom?
Absolutely. I offer regular group classes and private sessions on Zoom.
For the classes you will need a mat, a Pilates ball and an elastic band. I will tell you where to ge them when you register.
Ready to Make a Change?
Thank you for your interest in my classes. I know that the road to a strong, healthy, and pain-free body is a bumpy one. But I am here to help!
Please leave your name and email address here if you would like to receive occasional news and updates, but also pilates videos and special offers, from me.